18.7.16

My Ultimate Road Trip Playlist

Ever since I was about ten years old, my family would take yearly trips down south to Baltimore and Washington D.C. to drop my brothers off at college. I absolutely loathed these car rides because they were 8 hours long. But now that I'm older and have my license, I don't think I would mind taking a long drive- as long as it was with my friends, and we made pit stops for epic photos along the way. 

Going on a girls road trip across the US has always been something I've wanted to do since some of my university friends planted the idea in my head. I mean, what better way for them to experience their first time in America than out on the open road, singing along to our favorite tunes? 




Unfortunately, though, it's hard to go on an extended road trip if you don't have your own car. I still share a car with my brothers and definitely couldn't just pick up and leave with it for a long period of time. 

So renting a car is surely the best option for a road trip! But rentals can get really expensive, ya feel? And as a broke college student who needs to stick to a budget (whether I like it or not) a pricey rental isn't in the cards. 

Then what's a girl to do if she wants to make her cross country road trip dream come true? Well, that's where Turo comes in. Turo allows you to rent a car straight from regular people just like you! This means you can get a swanky rental without the hefty price tag. You can even list your own car on Turo if you want to make some extra cash! Call it the "Airbnb of car rentals," if you will. 

And the best part? Because you're renting direct from the owner, they may even add some cute personal touches to your car rental experience. Say, a mix CD? I mean, you can't have a successful road trip without some tunes! 

Anyone who's ever driven with me knows that I live and die by the phrase "the radio is an equalizer." I'm always very wary of people plugging in their own phone or iPod into the auxiliary and playing DJ with their own (usually obscure) music. In my opinion, long car rides are for sing alongs! So to add to my dreams of a cross country road trip, I'm going to be sharing an "ultimate road trip" playlist at the end of this post. 




My playlist includes a lot of cheesy throwbacks- the perfect crowd-pleasers for all your friends. It's a pretty nostalgic playlist, but I also made sure to throw in some newer hits that'll have you singing along too. 

Some highlights include "Gonna Be" by the proclaimers for a few key reasons: 1.) It's Scottish, duh! 2.) It's a song I remember from one of my brothers old "road trip" CDs 3.) It always reminds me of that hilarious scene in "How I Met Your Mother" where that song is constantly on replay on Ted and Marshall's own road trip. 

Another fan favorite on my playlist is "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. A total classic, this song is one of those tunes that everyone knows every single word to (and if you don't know every lyric, you should).

Here's the playlist in full so you can jam with me on your next road trip! (Or short car ride- either way works). Fair warning though: it's pretty girly and cheesy (just how I like it!)


          

I hope I've been able to inspire you to go on your own road trip this summer. Don't forget to look into renting a car with Turo, and start blasting those tunes! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fact that your number one is Chandelier! My husband and I just took a road trip to Orlando and you bet we were singing--erm, yelling- at the top of our lungs! This is a perfect playlist xX

    kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm so glad you like it!! As far as I'm concerned, road trips are all about that singing/yelling while you drive ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Leda xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS