2.2.15

Super Bowl Sunday

Most people who know me well know that I'm not the most enthusiastic sports viewer- I'll take watching the Food Network over ESPN any day. But just because pink is my favorite color and I watch videos of baby animals on a daily basis doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about sports.

And I'd like to thank my three older brothers for that. Sometimes I would watch with them excitedly, hoping they'd think I was cool, and other times I would watch mindlessly and leave when all the food was gone. Either way, simply being in the presence of three sports-crazy boys (plus my dad) for the majority of my life has, in a way, forced me to learn the rules and regulations of baseball, basketball, soccer, and, of course, football.

Super Bowl Sunday is a big deal for any American. It doesn't matter if you haven't watched a single game all year- you have to watch the Super Bowl, if only for the food and the halftime show.

But this year was a big one for us New Englanders, and it was all about the game. So of course, I had to get my football fix somewhere. Luckily, the student union building at the University of Edinburgh was showing the New England Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks and the North American Society was putting on a special party for all of us Americans and our non-American friends who we forced to come with us. 

Just to give you a little taste of what British people think of the Super Bowl, I'd like to quote my Warden (basically an adult RA/bff) who offered up the common room for viewing the game: 

"What is Super Bowl? It is an American version of football, except they use their hands and dress like deep sea divers."

'Nuff said. 

Now, onto pictures of my festivities: 


Look how festive I am as I sport the Patriots shirt I never wore before that day.


A pretty solid showing of how much the group drank in a night.


Not the prettiest picture, but they even had super overpriced chicken wings! An American staple.


Just one of the many packed rooms showing the game.


I'm not a huge fan of beer but I was pretty excited that they stocked up on Boston's favorite.

Oh, and of course the Patriots won. I didn't end up staying for the whole game, and I really regret it. But it's always nice to wake up the next morning to a million texts, Facebook posts, and Snapchat stories that let you know the final score before you can even Google it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS