2.3.15

Looking Forward

With two essays due exactly seven days apart, this past week hasn't exactly been the most exciting for me. Sure, there have been bits of fun here and there, but for the most part, I've been stuck inside writing day after day. But with only one week left before I'm officially done with my essays for this semester, I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Whenever I feel swamped with schoolwork, and have to say 'no' to more social events than I'd care to, I always try to think about what I'm looking forward to in order to get me through the pain of academics. So here are a few things I'm most looking forward to in the next month or so! 


The area that we (and, well, the rest of Edinburgh Uni, to be honest) are looking for a flat in.

Settling on a flat // Oh man, has this been a tougher process than I expected. I'll be sure to post about this in detail when we (as in, me and three of my close friends!) finally acquire a flat, but for now, let's just say it's been stressful. I honestly feel too young to be looking for an apartment, but I've realized recently that I'm definitely ready to move on from living in halls. Cooking, cleaning, and living with other people will certainly be a challenge, but in the end I think we'll make it work. I wouldn't be able to tell you when we're going to have a flat- it might be this week, in a few weeks, or even in a few months. But rest assured, I'm looking forward to being done with this flat-hunting business. 


Even when it does get dark early, Edinburgh sunsets are pretty brilliant.

Warmer Temperatures & Longer Days // Scotland is infamous for being dark, rainy, and just downright dreary. It's seriously not as bad as people make it out to be (or maybe I just arrived in a good year), but I'm still eagerly awaiting the days when I can go out in bare legs or just a light jacket. The transition to spring has actually already started, with crocuses blooming in the Meadows (seriously wish I had a picture right now!), and the sun setting closer to six o'clock than five. Even if it isn't completely spring-like yet, I'll keep my spirits high by remembering how much better these days are than when I walked out of a class at 4PM and it was pitch black. 


A snap from my trip to Santa Monica last March- that's right, March.

Spring Break // Going off of the whole warmer temperatures thing... I absolutely cannot wait for spring break! My time off is a little bit later than my friends' in America, but that may provide for less distractions when I have to buckle-down with the studying for my final exams. Of course, I'm not particularly keen on studying while I'm at home, but what I am looking forward to is going to Las Vegas and California with my parents and one of my brothers! My oldest brother lives in Santa Monica California, and while I certainly wouldn't want to live there full time (I couldn't deal with not having any proper seasons), I get insanely jealous when I look at the temperature there on my weather app. Right now, as it snows outside my window (I kid you not) I'm craving the sun, sand, and warmth more than anything else. 


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS