12.10.15

My First Blogging Event: Molton Brown

A beauty blogger I am not. That's why I was surprised when one of my favorite bloggers, Hayley, from Water Painted Dreams, invited me along to an event at the Molton Brown store on George Street here in Edinburgh.


It can never hurt to try something outside of your comfort zone, right?

Not only was this event uncharted territory for me because of its focus on beauty products, but it was also the first time I would have the opportunity to meet and chat with other local bloggers.

Being surrounded by bloggers who you simply assume have more followers, pageviews, and all around success than you can be intimidating. But the truth of the matter is, no one is scoping out the room to judge you on your analytics.

Once I met up with Hayley at the train station, it was easy to shake off those initial nerves. At least I knew one person coming to the event! Hayley and I had contacted each other over this past summer when I stumbled upon her blog. I was so pleased to have found out that there was another blogger at my University! And after months of reading along on each others blogs, the two of us finally met up this week.


Upon walking into the brightly lit store on Edinburgh's premier shopping street, we were greeted by some staff member's with a little bit of bubbly (which, despite my four classes the next day, I just couldn't refuse). We had a look around the store, snapping loads of pictures along the way. I felt a little unprofessional next to Hayley who was using her fancy Nikon camera, while I was just using my iPhone- I'm looking forward to seeing how her photos turned out!


After about a half an hour of taking photos, chatting up other bloggers, and sipping on champagne, one of the staff members gave a little presentation on the brand and its new products. We were even given the opportunity to try out a few samples!

Molton Brown is an English bath and body brand based out of London, that specializes in high-quality, luxurious shower gels, perfumes, and lotions. All of their products are not only beautifully scented, but they're also packaged perfectly for gift-giving! While I'm not particularly picky about my bath products, Molton Brown is definitely at the top of my list for treating my loved ones.


Just in time for Christmas, Molton Brown is promoting a new range of scents that are sure to get you into the holiday spirit! What I loved most about the products that they had us try out is that they're not necessarily your run-of-the-mill holiday scents- we're not talking the cliche peppermint, gingerbread, and pumpkin-spice flavors.


Instead, Molton Brown features fresh and sophisticated scents such as pink peppercorn. This little perfume initially caught my eye because of its bright color. I was skeptical of the scent at first, but once I sprayed a bit on my wrist I wasn't disappointed! It's just the right amount of spice, with just a touch of sweetness- far from being too abrasive like many perfumes can be.


Molton Brown's range goes beyond just bath and body products, offering gifts such as scented candles, aroma reeds, and even shower gel baubles to hang from your Christmas tree.



At the end of the evening, Molton Brown generously gifted each of us bloggers with two mini shower gels, and a voucher for a free hand and arm massage.


While I don't have a ton of experience when it comes to beauty products and blogging events, I'm so glad I attended this fun evening! Not only was I able to try out some new-to-me products, but I had the opportunity to talk to some inspiring bloggers about how they run their blogs!

And, most importantly, I met Hayley of course! She was great fun to be around, and I hope that we'll be seeing a lot more of each other soon.

Many thanks to the lovely staff at Molton Brown for hosting this event!

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS