3.1.17

2017 New Year's Resolutions

I hate to say it, but at the start of this new year, I'm left feeling a bit out of sorts. Not in the "can't manage to get anything done" way, but more so in the sense that I feel more disorganized than I usually do come the new year.

For most people, the new year is a time for creating lists, setting goals, and being more active. It's a good excuse to kick yourself into gear, but at the same time it's not super sustainable to set unattainable goals that you know you'll only keep up for the next week. I, for one, am one to try to seek motivation year-round. So maybe I'm being a bit too hard on myself for not having everything together these past few days.  

That being said, I'm using this blog post to get myself in the right frame of mind for the new year. So, I suppose you could say this post is more for me than for any of you reading out there. But still, I always find it fun to read what other people's goals and resolutions are for the new year. So here are mine! 

Brainstorm blog posts once per week // The past month or so has been really hard for me in terms of blogging. Maybe it had to do with all of the essays I had to write, or all of the internship applications I've been filling out, but my usual passion for blogging has slightly waned over the past few weeks. I end up coming into each week not knowing what I want to write about at all and it's the worst feeling. To get my blogging creativity going, I'm going to try brainstorming blog post ideas once a week so that I have a full arsenal of ideas on hand. 

Talk to my brothers more // I'm that girl who talks to her mom every. single. day. at university. I'm not ashamed to say it all because I know it's important for both of us, and it has nothing to do with being homesick. But, while I am constantly on the phone to my mom, I barely ever talk to my three brothers. This year, I'd like to make a better effort to call them to catch up. 

Adopt a cool-headed mindset // This probably makes me sound like some sort of emotional weirdo, but I find that I'm usually quite reactive to situations. I'm not the type to truly panic or become anxious at the drop of a hat, but, like most people, I often react before I fully think through the circumstances at hand. I know that I'd be much better off reminding myself that things will work out alright in the end. This year, I'd like to make "be calm" my personal mantra. 

Participate in more twitter chats // I always notice other incredible bloggers that I follow participating in these and they always seem so fun! They're such a great way to meet and interact with other bloggers, gaining new insights and ideas. But twitter chats also seem to require a lot of effort and forward thinking. This year, I'd like to aim to participate in a blogger twitter chat at least once a month! 

Be more accepting of making time-sacrifices // I'm the first to admit that I'm the kind of person who has a lot on her plate most of the time. Because of that, I find it hard to let go of certain activities and responsibilities if the time just isn't there. I know that making sacrifices is a part of life, and that my priorities can suffer if I don't make these tough choices. So this year I plan on embracing these moments, and reminding myself that I'm better for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS